GUITARIST JOCHEM JACOBS PARTS WAYS WITH TEXTURES

11 January 2013 ↵

GUITARIST JOCHEM JACOBS PARTS WAYS WITH TEXTURES

Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a bit quiet around the TEXTURES camp lately.
It is for a valid reason:

After 12 years being a big part of the band, Jochem Jacobs has decided to leave TEXTURES.
It is sad to see him leave, but we respect his decision fully.

Since the very start of TEXTURES, Jochem has helped the band get to where it is
right now and his input will always be part of our music.

Jochem Jacobs:

“I’ve been with TEXTURES from the very beginning and have had a lot of
great adventures in the past 12 years, musically and socially! It was
a dream coming true, I was traveling across the world with my best
friends and making music!!! What more could you want?!! Strange as it
may sound, my priorities changed gradually during the years…
Now the time has come for me to start doing more other stuff.
There are so many things in life that gives me goosebumps!

I’m really busy producing great bands and other music at my studio and
I want to focus more on that, I will keep on rocking!!!!
Also, I will keep being involved with Textures and will continue producing future TEXTURES albums \m/”

It’s a big setback for the band, but we are fully determined to keep on making music.
Therefore the search for a replacement guitarist has begun!

More news about this coming soon!

Bare with us guys! Remember that you, our fans, are the ones that make
us want to move on at full-speed and create some more crazy music!

\m/

10 comment(s)

InFlames

13 Jan 13 at 21:59

It's a disaster for the band. I was naively waiting for your next album.

HeavyDude3000

13 Jan 13 at 14:42

Oh, that is very sad to hear :( I'm a really huge Textures fan, you guys and your music means sometimes more than I would like ;) so split's or changing bandmembers are always a bummer! Good luck to Jochem, he's really seems to be (like all you guys) a nice and likeable guy! Hope you can find such a amazing replacement with a new guitarplayer as you guys had in the back with Daniel and Uri. Keep on rocking! Greetz from germay :)

matt

12 Jan 13 at 17:07

:c

imad

12 Jan 13 at 16:41

We're going to miss you Jochem!

SonnyBone

12 Jan 13 at 12:23

You guys survived what I thought would be an impossible hurdle when you lost Kalsbeek. But then you did the impossible and rebounded with Dualism and Daniel. I hope that the loss of Jochem creates a similar rebound and Textures continues to astound and amaze. Good luck and come back to Atlanta as soon as possible!!!

Pit

12 Jan 13 at 10:10

Good luck to Jochem, and "Long Live Textures". Keep on rockin' guys, you are amazing!!

Manzil Dimeboy

12 Jan 13 at 05:42

well I feel pretty good that I saw him playing live here in Nepal have a good journey ahead ....best of luck all hail textures

Dorn

12 Jan 13 at 02:29

Very sad news as I feel Jochem was a driving force in writing textures music,but I guess that´s the way things work. I hope the band will find suitable replacement and will go on with writing awesome music! I wish Jochem and Textures the best! Thank you for Dualism!

Sulik

12 Jan 13 at 00:37

Sir. It's been an honor. May the wind be always at your back. Best wishes.

Matt

11 Jan 13 at 23:48

Good luck Jochem, on your future endeavors, you will be missed! Keep going Textures, the world needs to hear more of your amazing music! Cheers, Matt